ReStore Bathroom


If you haven't heard of Habitat for Humanity's store called RESTORE, then you are missing out.  I could spend hours in this store.  It has al kinds of great things, all things reduce, reuse, recycle.  So my guest bathroom has been lovingly called my ReStore Bathroom.

I wish I had been a little better about taking pictures of each item I got, because I scored big.

Bathroom when we bought it.  Don't let the floors fool you, its a roll of 1/8" foam vinyl flooring. 




This tub was originally sandy beige color.  Not quite white, not quite yellow, but just ugly.
Tub and Tile spray paint did the trick.  You can get it at Lowe's or Amazon HERE

First things first...SHIPLAP of course.  I am in love with Shiplap and couldn't wait to get started with it.  In this room I wanted to keep the Shiplap a little more organic than the smooth white finished type.  Behind the toilet seemed like a great place to put it.


So, the floor.  They were fine, but where we were putting in a Pergo flooring in the rest of the house, I wanted to have some fun with the bathroom floor.  I found a box of this darling tile at Restore and just fell in love with it.  Well, since its a ReStore find, and only one box, I didn't have enough to do the whole floor with it.  

Naturally, I had to find a way to incorporate the tile, but then also wanted to do something with the floor to match.  Paint to the rescue.  If you want to change something, the cheapest and easiest way to accomplish this is with paint.

Here's the process...

I painted the floor with Zinsser Primer, found HERE.  After three coats of that, and at least 12 hours of dry time in between each coat, it was ready for the decor.

Check out this whimsical design I found in a stencil.  Grabbed a couple cans of paint I had on hand, mixed them until I got the right color and rolled the stencil design on the floor.  This took a couple days to complete.  For someone who likes to start and finish projects in the same day....this was a little tedious for me.  However, so worth it.

The actual tile from ReStore is going about the tub surround as an accent design.




Got the linen closet door at ReStore, painted it white with chalk paint, added new hardware...Voila!

Kind of excited about the tub decor.  Found some darling wainscoting looking tile.  How cute is that?
Wanted the tub to look custom and built in.  I just love how it turned out with my ReStore treasures.  Glued the tile to the side of the tub, trimmed it with PVC trim.  Then added the whimsical tile to the top of the tub.  I still plan to add large white tiles above the decorative tiles.  That will have to be an update picture....still lots to do for the house to be comfortably livable.


Look at these fun shelves from Lowe's.  The wall behind the bathroom needed a little something more for now and I think these did the trick.


Comments

Popular Posts