Odd Numbers

Well, we were in such a hurry to get our house ready before our trip to Ecuador for child #3, and then we came.....and now I wait.  "I" because hubby went home over a week ago.  As I sit here waiting for more legal hoops to jump through in country I am desperately missing the home we worked so hard to alter, beautify, create for comfort and all of the above.  We still have so many projects to finish and work on, which the love of my life is attempting to finish, without me?  No I am not at all jealous....ok so I TOTALLY am jealous.  This home decor and remodel stuff is a passion of mine.  Carl definitely is the straight arrow in our home projects (in that he works hard to create perfection).  While I am more likely to throw paint on a wall 6 times or rearrange the furniture 100 times before settling in...but usually loving each creation.  Change is my thing.  I am grateful he is home with our other two loves, while I work to create a mother-daughter bond that child #3 has needed for the past 12 years.  I am blessed to have this time to reflect and enjoy the break from the paint messes, soar knees and such.  Who am I kidding, I love that stuff and I miss it.


For now, I will dream of the sitting room wall of our family pictures collage.  Dream of the next family photo shoot we compose.  Dream of the awesome composition of having three children in those pictures.  Dream of what its like to have a little less symmetry in posing.  There is definitely something to say for symmetry, but our lives are anything but symmetry.  If you know me you know that I love even numbers (its my "weird" thing), but having an odd number of family member with more "organized chaos", sounds a little more peaceful to me.  

Just knowing that our house will have one more mouth to feed, one more tween to battle, one more heart to love, two more cheeks to kiss, two more feet to tuck in at night (yup, I still love on my kids at bedtime), one more head of hair to primp (or let go wild if they so desire), one more backpack to stuff with useless school flyers, two more eyes to stare into with thousands of happy and sad tears flowing and countless heartbeats and heartbreaks to look forward to.  All this is what keeps me fighting the what-seems-like-forever-legal-crap we are enduring right now.



Comments

Popular Posts