Aloha!

(before...stick around for the after)

Aloha! From Idaho?  I know, Idaho is far from the beautiful islands of Hawaii and certainly does not have the fresh ocean air dancing through our Idaho home windows.  But as an army brat born on the island of Oahu, Hawaii will always have a place in my heart and my home...no matter where I kick up my hen house heels. 

I love all things fashion, home decor, remodel.  I thrive on creativity; of others and my own.  Although we all know that most ideas out there are recycled "Pinterest" ideas, revamped and dressed up differently.  But that is what makes creativity so much fun.  We share in other's passions, and then make them our own with a fresh new twist. 

And that is what brings you to this blog.  This is where I get to share our ideas of what makes our house a home.  10 years ago, my eternal sweetie and I bought our first home.  We were new parents and sewing our roots close to family by returning to Idaho.  Having grown up in the army and traveling the world, settling in Idaho was the last place I dreamt of landing.  However, when you marry a hard working Idaho boy, you will almost always end up in Idaho.  And now that I have been here 10 years, its a great place to raise a family.  My father is also an Idaho boy, so after many years hopping the globe, even my mother ended back in Idaho with her very own Idaho boy. 

Our first home was a quaint little 60+ year old home, with little charm but begging for some TLC.  Enter us...!  I love me some old and vintage just waiting to be revived.  Far more than shining and brand new.  When there are stories itching to be told and memories buried deep within the fibers of vintage charm, I find my soul and creativity.  We took our first home from definitely drab and shab, to sweet and charming.  Now filled with our own memories of raising our two beautiful children, sent from Gods arms, to their arms (birth families) to ours.  Both our littles are adopted and are my inspiration and my world.

So our home was not much to talk about, but had some amazing potential.  On our modest budget, my husband and I were able to make it a home I will always adore.  However, with kids growing and life offering more opportunities, we took the plunge and bought another fixer upper.  Yes!  Joanna Gaines is my spirit animal.  I adore her family and all they stand for, and absolutely love her style. 

We bought and moved into our new home January 2018, just two days after my 40th birthday.  And man has it been a lot of long days, dirty days and exciting days full of blood, sweat and tears of joy. 

I love me a good pair of high heel shoes, often revamped from a salvation shop find to glitter and sparkles.  But while I try to maintain my city girl heart, I love me some clucking hens.  Last year we welcomed chickens to the family.  Fresh farm eggs daily, who could ask for more. 

So welcome to our home and blog, where we will share our new home transformation from 70's revamp, to 21st century farmhouse chic....all while still wearing my high heels and tending to our chickens in the pasture.  City girl farmhouse chic at its best! 

Comments

Popular Posts